|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
***NOW OFFERING HIGHER STARTING WAGES***
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
The Weld Assembler’s essential duties and responsibilities are to assemble components utilizing either fixtures or blueprints to complete products to our customers specifications, perform preventative maintenance on all equipment, and to complete preliminary inspections for any non-conformity on the assembled part or any components on the full assembly.
- At full capability, does not require the use of assembly fixtures.
- Ability to select and use the correct wire for the metals being assembled.
- Proficient at completing an assembly using component parts, prints, (with jigs and fixtures in some circumstances) and work order.
- Assemble all metals and any combination of metals (except for stainless steel and aluminum in some circumstances).
- Compare the physical part to blueprints.
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Proficiently uses basic inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets.
- Completes traceability requirements.
- Complete low to mid-level welding assignments.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications the dimensions have on part quality and function.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires limited exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Experience: Welding knowledge and/or experience preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Can successfully meet daily physical demands and required work hours, including overtime.
- Performs well in a production and job shop environment, follows safe work practices.
- Reliable and dependable work ethic, including following written or verbal instructions.
- Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.