|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
The Weld Assembler will be asked to assemble components utilizing either fixtures or blueprints to complete products to our customers specifications. In this position you will also be asked to perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and to complete preliminary inspections for any non-conformity on the assembled part or any components on the full assembly.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), proficiency in specific skills as detailed in the training matrix.
Experience: Some welding experience (6-12 months or through formal education)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Can successfully meet daily physical demands and required work hours, including overtime.
- Performs well in a production and job shop environment, follows safe work practices.
- Reliable and dependable work ethic, including following written or verbal instructions.
- Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- At full capability, does not require the use of assembly fixtures.
- Ability to select and use the correct wire for the metals being assembled.
- Proficient at completing an assembly using component parts, prints, (with jigs and fixtures in some circumstances) and work order.
- Ability to assemble all metals and any combination of metals (except for stainless steel and aluminum in some circumstances).
- Ability to compare the physical part to blueprints.
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Proficiently uses basic inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets.
- Completes traceability requirements.
- Complete low to mid-level welding assignments.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications the dimensions have on part quality and function.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: