|Job Location:||Homer City, PA|
Perform plant general labor requirements on items as indicated on blueprints. Load, unload and move materials to the point of use in the manufacturing process along with inspecting parts and prepping for shipment as needed to meet specifications. Operates various hand tools, forklifts, overhead cranes, and other miscellaneous fabrication and packaging devices.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Secures lifting apparatus to materials and conveys load to destination.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and customer demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications the dimensions have on part quality and function.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Complete traceability requirements.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Accurately document all work and records.
- Smooth or repair all visible blemishes.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: