|Title:||Utility ***NOW OFFERING HIGHER STARTING WAGES***|
|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
The Utility’s essential duties and responsibilities include performing plant general labor requirements on items as indicated on blueprints. Load, unload and move materials to the point of use in the manufacturing process along with inspecting parts and prepping for shipment as needed to meet specifications. Operates various hand tools, forklifts, overhead cranes, and other miscellaneous fabrication and packaging devices.
- Claim parts and enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Complete traceability requirements, claiming as complete.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Accurately document all work and records.
- Smooth or repair all visible blemishes.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Secures lifting apparatus to materials and conveys load to destination.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires limited exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and customer demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: