|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
The Project Manager will act as the primary lead on projects, service as the point of contact on assigned projects and perform a variety of highly skilled duties such as managing, assigning, coordinating and multidisciplinary technical review teams. This position will also be responsible for facilitating and troubleshooting a myriad of problems associated with the development of quotes for new products and revision of existing product lines. The Project Manager will also coordinate manufacturing process and scheduling and bill of material development and documentation while coordinating with multiple departments. This manager will provide highly skilled technical and management advice and assistance to manufacturing personnel and will be the point of contact concerning any responds to inquiries about projects.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, processes and quality standards.
- Manages all aspects of complex projects from inception to conclusion.
- Read and understand part drawings and specifications with a working knowledge of drawing layout and GD&T tolerance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and attending manufacturing trade shows, conferences, and seminars.
- Develops and implements Continual Improvement Projects.
- Maintain involvement with resolving quality issues.
- Contributes to 5S and Lean Manufacturing projects.
- Will aid in and assist with new product and/or process startups. This includes pre-planning for assembly fixtures/templates, creating models/drawings, machine setups and programs.
- Will participate in customer interface when developing new product and or manufacturing processes.
- Will interact with personnel from other departments to ensure company goals and customer expectations are attained.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Employee will be required to use a computer with keyboard, telephone or handheld mobile device for extended periods of time, and office machinery as needed.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Employee must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when in production area as required.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
High school graduation, or its equivalent.
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in project management or a related field; or graduation from an accredited university with a degree in engineering or related field and 2 years of progressively responsible engineering experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Decision making and independent judgement.
- Leadership ability.
- Project Management aptitude.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, or other ERP software and CAD/CAM software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in working hours as required.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: