|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Miller Fabrication Solutions is seeking a planner who can effectively and efficiently plan and schedule material for assigned end items and components (purchased and manufactured) to satisfy customer requirements, inventory targets, and cost objectives. Identify and obtain the products and services that must be obtained externally. Evaluate, and determine the best supplier, value and delivery for those products and services.
- Deep knowledge of bills-of-material, routings, work centers, material planning (MRP), scheduling, dispatch lists, capacity management, item master, inventory management, customer orders, purchase orders, work orders, and date management in a manufacturing environment.
- Deep knowledge of how the above are accomplished in an ERP system.
- Working knowledge of Sales and Operations Planning preferred.
- Competent in MS Office including Word, Outlook, Excel (at least intermediate), and PowerPoint.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) and/or ISM certification (CPSM) preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing practices preferred.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires limited physical exertion. Incumbent will rarely be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field, B.S. field preferred.
Experience: 5 years related experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or related fields with emphasis on planning and scheduling.
- Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
- Strong, pro-active written and verbal communicator to customers, clients and coworkers.
- Reliable and dependable work ethic, including following written or verbal instructions. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Adheres to posted hours and shift rotation.
- Can successfully meet daily physical demands and required work hours, including overtime.
- Performs well in a production and job shop environment, follows safe work practices.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: