|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
The welding and machinist apprenticeship is a three year program that applies both on the job training and classroom training. The apprentice is required to complete 6,000 hours of on job training and 432 hour of related instruction during the three year program. In addition, the apprentice is also required to pass multiple competency tests each year.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Preferably someone who has attended a vocational school for welding.
- Experience: Preferably 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Communication: Strong, pro-active written and verbal communicator to customers, clients and coworkers, using Miller Fabrication Solutions’ values of Accountability, Respectfulness, Coachability and Honesty
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area)
- Must wear safety glasses with side shields (ANSI Z87.1-1989.)
- Must wear full face shield in addition to eye protection when using 4” or larger hand grinders
- Must wear steel-toed safety shoes (ANSI Z41-1991.)
- Must wear hearing protection
- Must wear required welding protective clothing and helmet.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of the company may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions. A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.