|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
The Welding position will be required to pass welding certifications on all procedures requested within our customer specs. In this position the welder will be asked to perform welds on component parts per customer spec and dimension. Welders will also be asked to inspect all completed welds checking for non-conformities on parts and components per customer design. Welders will assemble parts utilizing fixtures or blueprints.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: No experience required. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Must pass weld assessment test.
- Ability to weld all metals and any combination of metals.
- Ability to select and use the correct wire for the metals being welded.
- Ability to repair parts that fail inspection.
- Ability to weld product that is not fixtured.
- Ability to weld product that is located on positioners.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Demonstrates the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Proficient at welding and assembly provided by all levels of assemblers.
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the impact dimensions have on part quality and function.
- Performs all weld functions in the production shop, excluding robotic applications.
- Maintains a minimum quality yield performance of 99% when fully trained.
- Completes traceability requirements.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.