|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
The Welder’s essential duties and responsibilities include performing welds on component parts per customer spec and dimension. Welders will also be responsible for inspecting all completed welds checking for non-conformities on parts and components per customer design. Welders will assemble parts utilizing fixtures or blueprints. The Welding position will be required to pass welding certifications on all procedures requested within our customer specs.
- Proficient at welding and assembly provided by all levels of assemblers.
- Use welding tools to weld metals.
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the impact dimensions have on part quality and function.
- Performs all weld functions in the production shop, excluding robotic applications.
- Maintains a minimum quality yield performance of 99% when fully trained.
- Completes traceability requirements.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires frequent exposure to extreme heat.
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool, welding tools.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Some welding experience (6-12 months or through formal education) preferred.
- Must pass weld assessment test given by the Company.
- Ability to weld all metals and any combination of metals.
- Ability to select and use the correct wire for the metals being welded.
- Ability to repair parts that fail inspection.
- Ability to weld product that is not fixtured.
- Ability to weld product that is located on positioners.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: