|Job Location:||Homer City, PA|
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
The Maintenance Technician’s essential duties and responsibilities include supporting daily production operations. This position will troubleshoot and repair equipment to support the production needs of the Company. This position will perform general maintenance, equipment maintenance, building maintenance and outside facility maintenance.
- Perform equipment maintenance duties in production areas, according to standard operating procedures.
- Plan and help coordinate preventative maintenance and general repairs on all equipment.
- Learn how to repair equipment and work with operators and other support entities (supervisors, crew leaders, production manager, and other support staff).
- Troubleshoot minor electrical issues.
- Troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns and repair as necessary.
- Determine and recommend when contractors are needed for various jobs.
- Responsible for ordering and receiving parts.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records.
- Be able to use a computer.
- Other tasks and special projects, as assigned by manager.
- Assist with maintenance at other facilities as needed.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires limited exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: Training in mechanical or electrical processes and building maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Must have the ability to quickly comprehend the function of the machines used in fabrication and machining processes.
- Can successfully meet daily physical demands and required work hours, including overtime.
- Performs well in a production and shop environment, follows safe work practices.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, contractors, co-workers and management.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: