|Job Location:||Homer City, PA|
A maintenance supervisor will work with the plant manager and upper management to ensure daily goals are being developed and met. In this position, you will be managing crews and developing a team environment. This position also requires the ability to learn quickly and think proactively as situations arise that could disrupt production.
Education: Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from 2-year College or Technical School.
Experience: 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CNC equipment and electrical background preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- General computer skills will be required including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- As requested, recruit, hire, train, supervise, and direct work of part-time and full-time employees. This will also include appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Implements operational schedules and coordinates maintenance activities to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
- Communicate with plant manager and production supervisors of any foreseen problems or potential problems relating to equipment downtime or scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Knows where to find and understands company policies and standards.
- Observe employees to ensure compliance with company standards and policies including safety, and environmental.
- Suggests and/or implement changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Work with shop employees and maintenance personnel to ensure that tooling and equipment are in good working condition and that worn or damaged tooling and equipment is replaced or repaired in a timely manner.
- Reviews maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Cooperates and openly communicates with other appropriate departments and with the manufacturing manager.
- Promote work on 5S, lean initiatives, continual improvement projects and TPM.
- Ensure employees are performing all required daily, weekly, monthly and yearly PM’s.
- Completes all accident/incident reports and required paperwork in accordance to the written procedure.
- Promote safe working habits and strive to provide a safe and healthful work environment for employees.
- Resolve employee grievances and differences and promotes teamwork within the department. Initiates and records disciplinary action when necessary, in accordance to company policies.
- Create or facilitate the creation of ergonomically safe work areas.
- Develops an action plan to help employees meet yearly career goals and serve as a coach and mentor.
- Record and maintain departmental employee time, absenteeism, PTO records and schedule personnel shifts.
- Attend and be prompt for scheduled meetings.
- Update and maintain training matrixes while developing training for cross-functional skills.
- Acts as a coach and/or mentor to crew leaders and employees to help develop their skills and to develop future leaders.
- Leads by example by adhering to or exceeding all company policies and standards.
- Understands software programs affiliated with position to include Microsoft Office, IFS, and Quality Management Software.
- Helps develop and maintain preventative maintenance schedules for equipment.
- Works with EHS to develop lock out tag out procedures for equipment.
- Environmental site contact
- Maintain building systems
- Ensure adherence to health and safety regulations
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: