|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
The machinist apprenticeship is a three year program that applies both on the job training and classroom training. The apprentice is required to complete 6,000 hours of on job training and 432 hour of related instruction during the three year program. In addition, the apprentice is also required to pass multiple competency tests each year. The apprentice will learn how to set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers over the course of three years.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience:No experience required. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Apprentice will use building and measuring tools, insert grades, and measuring devices
- Apprentice will set up, program, and run CNC and manual lathes
- Apprentice will set up and operate bridgeport, horizontal, and vertical mills
- Apprentice will inspect parts to print
- Apprentice will perform routine maintenance on the different machines used throughout the program
- Apprentice will learn the functions of various departments throughout the company including; engineering, quality, process development, and inventory
- Apprentice will learn the fundamentals of heat treatment, the different types of steel, and hardness testing
- Apprentice will be required to complete 154 hours of additional instruction per year outside of the workplace
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area)
- Must wear safety glasses with side shields (ANSI Z87.1-1989.)
- Must wear full face shield in addition to eye protection when using 4” or larger hand grinders
- Must wear steel-toed safety shoes (ANSI Z41-1991.)
- Must wear hearing protection
- Must wear required welding protective clothing and helmet.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.