|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Function: Perform forming requirements to make items as indicated on blueprints, setting up and operating conventional, special purpose and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to form metallic parts. Also includes presenting a professional appearance appropriate with your job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One (1) to Three (3) months’ related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
Recall programs and set up established processes
Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, attachments, accessories, and materials
Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance bend radius, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance
Plan, layout, and perform safely and efficiently, forming and bench operations required to build, fit, or repair parts for equipment, die assemblies, fixture, and gages to exacting accuracy
Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications the dimensions have on part quality and function
Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Recall programs and set up established processes
- load cranes and other lifting devices
- Materials cutting tools, attachments, accessories and Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures,
- Select correct tooling for machining operations
- Completes simple editing process effectively
- Loads and prepares parts as required for the machining process
- Ability to measure/produce parts to the print
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications the dimensions have on part quality and function
- Establishes reference points on material or work piece for subsequent machining
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance
- Plan, layout and perform safely and efficiently, machine and bench operations required to build, fit, or repair parts for equipment, die assemblies, fixture and gages to exacting accuracy with daily supervision
- Maintain machine tools and equipment used
- Employee will be required to stand for extended periods of time