|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable – Respectable – Coachable – Honest
Kitting Clerk - Starting rate $15.50 per hour
Are you dependable?
Are you willing to learn?
Are you looking to grow your career?
If you answered “YES” to these questions, see what Miller Fabrication Solutions opportunities are available for you.
At Miller we offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive insurance plan, with a company sponsored HRA,
- 401(k) with a 4.5% employer match on 6% employee contribution
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Paid holidays
- Plus much more…
The Kitting Clerk’s essential duties and responsibilities include performing the kitting function as indicated on work orders or in accordance with established procedures. Additionally, this role is expected to perform material handling to manage orderly warehouse operations. The Kitting Clerk is expected to assist in internal audits and maintain proper documentation of pulled or utilized parts.
- Properly mark all incoming parts control.
- Accurately count all incoming parts.
- Perform cycle count as needed.
- Tag and put all incoming parts into their designated default bins.
- Complete all traceability requirements for moveable parts.
- 5S standards in department.
- Build kits according to bill of material (BOM) as dictated by the dispatch list and supervisor/crew leader.
- Effectively communicate with other departments in order to gather materials as needed.
Safety Demands & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires limited exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: Related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure.
- Attention to detail
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: