Prepares material, loads, unloads and moves within or near plant, yard, or worksite. Also includes presenting a professional appearance appropriate with your job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Fabrication Solutions.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
In this role, the Forklift driver is expected to be fully trained and certified as able to operate a forklift in a safe, effective and efficient manner. Main responsibilities include operating powered industrial forklifts to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into trucks or storage facilities.
- Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
- Follows safe work practices.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials.
- Operates power hoist, cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Assembles crates to contain materials for shipping.
- Shovels loose materials into machine hoppers and scrap containers.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Stand on concrete floor for the duration of the work day.
- Bend at the waist, squat, kneel and twist at the waist/torso utilizing shoulders, arms and hands to perform
tasks during the work day.
- Twist neck.
- Lift 30 lbs. from floor level to chest high.
- Repeat hand and wrist movement for the duration of the work day.
- Grasp hand tools.
- Power grasp parts.
- Have 20/20 vision (corrected).
- Work in periods of heat or cold.
- Work at heights.
- Climb a ladder.
- Have balance.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or experience level
No prior experience or training.
Language skills level
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical skills level
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning ability level
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Heavy fabrication environment.
Safety and Workplace Organization Requirements
All safety rules, both written and verbal, must be followed. Accidents involving injuries, property damage, and spills must be reported to supervisor immediately. Near misses (close calls) must be reported as well. Workplace Organization standards must be maintained in all assigned areas. Clean work area daily.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area)
Must wear safety glasses with side shields (ANSI Z87.1-1989.)
Must wear steel-toed safety shoes (ANSI Z41-1991.)
Must wear hearing protection
Must wear hard hat
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Miller Fabrication Solutions Forklift license