|Title:||Forklift Operator (Weekend Shift)|
|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
This will be a three day weekend, Friday though Sunday position. The employee will work 36 hours and get paid for 40, will be working during the day, and be eligible for full time benefits.
Material Handler is required to load, unload and move finished products, work in progress and raw materials to the point of use in the manufacturing process or for other inventory purposes. Additionally, material handlers are required to do preventative maintenance on forklifts and moving apparatus. This position also requires strong attention to detail.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Complete traceability requirements.
- Assists other operators as required by the supervisor.
- Inspects forklifts before operation and reports any and all maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Open containers as required.
- Loads and uploads containers/pallets and properly places materials within work cell and/or storage areas.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches materials or marks information on cases, bales or other containers.
- Loads or unloads truck for industrial truck operator.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together.
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Follows proper procedures for movement of materials that have been established.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: