|Title:||Burn Table Operator (Weekend Shift)|
|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
This is a three day weekend shift position, Friday through Sunday. The employee will work 36 hours and get paid for 40 hours, be working during the day, and will be eligible for full time benefits.
Perform burning and cutting operations utilizing oxy acetylene and plasma torch cutting table. Ability to understand nesting process and material specifications as called out in work orders. Works with supervisor and crew leaders to maintain work schedules and minimize component shortage. Maintains daily maintenance on burn table and communicates mechanical issues when appropriate. Visually inspects cut edge to ensure plasma and oxy cutting heads are working properly.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: No experience required. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Enters accurate data into job tracking quality software programs.
- Accurately document all work and records.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Complete traceability requirements.
- Perform material burning operations in accordance with drawing specifications or established practices.
- Set up burn table using nesting sheets, drawing and programs.
- Inspect cutting heads used in the burning operation and replace as required.
- Locate and place material on the burn table using the appropriate lift devices.
- Monitor the burning process and adjust the torches as needed for unacceptable kerf, incomplete or incorrect burn patters.
- Adjust torches for proper depth or width of cut.
- Look for non-conformities.
- Clean, maintain and install all torches used in the burning operations.
- Start, test and observe burning operation to make sure torches are working properly, adjust process as necessary.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets.
- Teamwork with peers and supervisors to resolve problems.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.