|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
The Blaster’s essential duties and responsibilities include performing Blasting requirements on items as indicated on blueprints, setting up and operating manual blast booths. This position also performs blast media change overs and blast booth cleaning operations.
- Claim jobs and enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Accurately document all work and records.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Complete traceability requirements, including tracking heat numbers and putting those numbers back onto part once finished.
- Teamwork with mentors to resolve problems.
- Load blast media into hoppers as required.
- Hang parts on carriers, carts or place in blast booth in a manner to properly blast parts in accordance with drawing specifications or established practices.
- Clean, maintain, install all hoses and blasting accessories.
- Start, test and observe manual blasting operations to make sure they are working properly.
- Adjust blasting media and flow as required.
- Ability to blast parts to the print and correct blast profile.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required.
- Installs replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Plan, layout and perform safely and efficiently, blasting bench operations required to build, fit or repair parts for blast equipment.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- Position will frequently endure strong pressures from blaster.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires frequent exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, blast suit, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience: Related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate/present with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: