The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Function: Perform Blasting requirements on items as indicated on blueprints, setting up and operating manual blast booths. Perform blast media change overs and Blast Booth cleaning operations. Also includes presenting a professional appearance appropriate with your job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Fabrication Solutions
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One (1) to Three (3) months’ related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effective communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
Key Job Elements Weight Goals and Objectives
- Accurate Record Keeping 21% a) Enters accurate data into job tracking and
quality software programs
b) Accurately document all work and records
c) Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
d)Complete traceability requirements
- Desired Workplace Behavior(s) 5% a) Team work with mentors to resolve problems
- Blaster Responsibilities 74% a) Load blast media into hoppers as required
b) Hang parts on carriers, carts or place in blast booth in a manner to properly blast parts in accordance with drawing specifications or established practices
c) Clean, maintain, install all hoses and blasting accessories
d)Start, test and observe manual blasting operations to make sure they are working properly
e) Adjust blasting media and flow as required
f) Ability to blast parts to the print and correct blast profile
g) Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required
h) Installs replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance
i)Plan, layout and perform safely and efficiently, blasting bench operations required to build, fit or repair parts for blast equipment
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
- Employee will be required to stand on their feet for extended periods of time.