The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Perform Grinding operations on items as indicated on blueprints, setting up and operating grinders in accordance with established procedures. Perform material removal from previous cutting operations. Also includes presenting a professional appearance appropriate with your job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Fabrication Solutions
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One (1) to Three (3) months’ related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effective communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
Key Job Elements Weight Goals and Objectives
- Perform inventory tasks a) Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software
b)Complete traceability requirements
c)Perform inventory tasks as assigned by supervisor
d)Accurately document all work and records
- Maintenance/Job Tasks a) Perform material removal operations in accordance with
drawing specifications established practices
b).Grind lead-in and lead-out area to a smooth
c) Smooth or repair all visible blemishes
d)Clip and grind all edges per specifications
e)Clean, maintain, install all wheels, discs in the grinding process operations
f)Start, test, and observe grinding operation to make sure they are working properly, adjust process as necessary
g)Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required
h)Plan, layout, and perform safely and efficiently, grinding bench operations required to build, fit, or repair parts for grinding equipment
i)Ability to grind material to the print and/or other specifications
j)Understands and practices the information contained in WI-445, INT-49, ad OPL-39
k)Verify cut lengths on parts in accordance with drawing specifications before the grinding process
l)Installs replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and test operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance
3. Attitude a)Team work with mentors to resolve problems
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.