Do you have what it takes to join a growing family-owned manufacturer and grow your career? Are you accountable, respectful, coachable and honest? You could be a great fit for one of our many job openings at Miller Fabrication Solutions!
We offer an excellent Total Rewards package, including medical insurance, dental and vision, paid vacation, paid holidays, quarterly incentive opportunities, and much more!
We are currently looking for a Blaster to operate our blast booth! In this role, you will need to be willing to learn, have great attention to detail, a positive attitude and a team player mentality.
You will need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) to three (3) months related experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexibility in working hours and responsibilities as required by workload and production needs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions
Key Job Objectives:
b) Accurately document all work and records
c) Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
d) Complete traceability requirements
e) Team work with mentors to resolve problems
f) Load blast media into hoppers as required
g) Hang parts on carriers, carts or place in blast booth in a manner to properly blast parts in accordance with drawing specifications or established practices
h) Clean, maintain, install all hoses and blasting accessories
i) Start, test and observe manual blasting operations to make sure they are working properly
j) Adjust blasting media and flow as required
k) Ability to blast parts to the print and correct blast profile
l) Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required
m) Installs replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance
n) Plan, layout and perform safely and efficiently, blasting bench operations required to build, fit or repair parts for blast equipment
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area)
- Must wear safety glasses with side shields (ANSI Z87.1-1989.)
- Must wear full face shield in addition to eye protection when using 4” or larger hand grinders
- Must wear steel-toed safety shoes (ANSI Z41-1991.)
- Must wear hearing protection
- Must wear required welding protective clothing and helmet.
The fine print: The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions. A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. This also includes presenting a professional appearance appropriate with your job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Fabrication Solutions.