The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Function: Perform Plant Utility requirements on items as indicated on blueprints. Load, unload and move materials to the point of use in the manufacturing process. Also includes presenting a professional appearance appropriate with your job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One (1) to Three (3) months’ related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications the dimensions have on part quality and function
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
Key Job Elements Weight Goals and Objectives:
Perform inventory tasks
Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs
Complete traceability requirements
Perform inventory tasks as assigned by supervisor
Accurately document all work and records
Grind lead-in and lead-out area to a smooth condition
Smooth or repair all visible blemishes
Clip and grind all edges per specifications
Clean, maintain, install all wheels, discs in the grinding process operations
Start, test, and observe grinding operation to make sure they are working properly, adjust process as necessary
Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required
Plan, layout, and perform safely and efficiently, grinding bench operations required to build, fit, or repair parts for grinding equipment
Ability to grind material to the print and/or other specifications
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.