|Title:||Tool Room Attendant|
|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
- Tool Room Attendant’s essential duties and responsibilities include setting up tooling for conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (NC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic products by performing the duties outlined below. Additional responsibilities include preventative maintenance on tooling for machines and working with machine operators to determine if tooling caused non-conformities.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problem.
- Participates in training and evaluations of others.
- Machining responsibilities, reviews blueprints, set up sheets, manuals, specifications, or sample part(s) to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jib borers, grinders and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant, flow and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Installs machine replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Complete traceability requirements.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Accurately document all work and records.
- Smooth or repair all visible blemishes.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires limited exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Machine operation or related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: