|Job Location:||Homer City, PA|
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
The Quality Technician will perform final technical inspections and in-process product inspections to ensure conformance with work orders, drawing specifications, standard requirements, or templates. The Quality Technician will also work with production crews and management staff to identify issues as they arise, so solutions can quickly be developed.
- Ability to understand and use proper methods of measurement.
- Communicate daily issues to relevant personnel & top management.
- Technical knowledge of Miller Fabrication Solutions products, technology products and applications. Maintained at a level such that technical discussions can be conducted with internal & external customers.
- ISO regulations are understood and adhered to.
- Interaction with Sales, Engineering and Production staff is conducted professionally & effectively.
- Involvement in new product and critical orders from start to finish ensuring an error-free and timely completion.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires limited physical exertion. Incumbent will rarely be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate and/or present information in a one-on-one and small group situation internally or with customers.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure.
- Fundamental grasp of geometry; GD&T is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: