Process Development Specialist I
|Title:||Process Development Specialist I|
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
The Process Development Specialist is responsible for performing the necessary tasks to provide an accurate quote in response to a customer’s RFQ. The Process Development Specialist also works closely with Management, Customer Service, Purchasing and Production Personnel to support daily operations from the standpoint of accurate Bill of Materials, Routers, Drawings and other supporting documentation. The Specialist may also become involved with Continuous Improvement projects. He/She obtains information by communicating with co-workers, established procedures, customers and outside suppliers relative to the quoting process.
Education / Experience Level: A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in either Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering with at least two years of experience working in a manufacturing environment and is fluent with SolidWorks or five years of manufacturing experience and is fluent with SolidWorks. Experience in the heavy metal fabrication industry is preferred, but not required.
Strong math and communication skills.
Familiarity with ERP / MRP systems is a plus.
- Work Ethic: Reliable and dependable work ethic, including following written or verbal instructions.
- Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED), proficiency in specific skills as detailed in the training matrix.
- Attendance: Adheres to posted hours and shift rotation
- Responsible for providing an accurate and timely quote through the use of various computer based programs, written procedures and knowledge of the manufacturing processes.
- Engage in liaising with suppliers and customers.
- Processes revisions to customer’s parts and documentation as well as internal processes.
- Establishes Bill of Materials and Routers as part of the quoting process.
- Ensure accuracy of existing shop routers.
- Engage in improving existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes.
- Keeps the Process Development Manager and Customer Service Representatives informed of activities within assigned areas.
- Performs any and all duties assigned by the Process Development Manager and/or Executive Management.
- Presents a professional appearance in line with the job responsibilities, as well as conducting themselves in a professional manner that is consistent with company policies and practices.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: