|Title:||Process Development Specialist|
|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
The Process Development Specialist is responsible for performing the necessary tasks to provide an accurate quote in response to a customer’s RFQ. The Process Development Specialist also works closely with management, customer service, purchasing and production personnel to support daily operations from the standpoint of accurate bill of materials, routers, drawings and other supporting documentation. The specialist may also become involved with continuous improvement projects. This position will obtain information by communicating with co-workers, established procedures, customers and outside suppliers relative to the quoting process.
Education: An associate degree in either mechanical, manufacturing or industrial engineering preferred. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Candidate with knowledge of SolidWorks or up-to-date engineering software will be highly considered.
Experience: Experience in the heavy metal fabrication industry is preferred.
- Strong math and communication skills.
- Familiarity with ERP / MRP systems is a plus.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Responsible for providing an accurate and timely quote using various computer-based programs, written procedures and knowledge of the manufacturing processes.
- Engage in liaising with suppliers and customers.
- Processes revisions to customer’s parts and documentation as well as internal processes.
- Establishes bill of materials and routers as part of the quoting process.
- Ensures accuracy of existing shop routers.
- Engage in improving existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes.
- Keeps the Process Development Manager and Customer Service Representatives informed of activities within assigned areas.
- Performs all duties assigned by the Process Development Manager and/or Executive Management.
- Presents a professional appearance in line with the job responsibilities, as well as conducting themselves in a professional manner that is consistent with company policies and practices.
- Adheres to posted hours and shift rotation
- Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.