|Title:||Planner (Entry Level)|
|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Miller Fabrication Solutions is seeking a planner who can effectively and efficiently plan and schedule material for assigned end items and components (purchased and manufactured) to satisfy customer requirements, inventory targets, and cost objectives. Identify and obtain the products and services that must be obtained externally. Evaluate, and determine the best supplier, value and delivery for those products and services.
Education: Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field, B.S. field preferred.
Experience: We will train the right candidate
- Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
- Strong, pro-active written and verbal communicator to customers, clients and coworkers.
- Reliable and dependable work ethic, including following written or verbal instructions. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Adheres to posted hours and shift rotation.
- Can successfully meet daily physical demands and required work hours, including overtime.
- Performs well in a production and job shop environment, follows safe work practices.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Deep knowledge of bills-of-material, routings, work centers, material planning (MRP), scheduling, dispatch lists, capacity management, item master, inventory management, customer orders, purchase orders, work orders, and date management in a manufacturing environment.
- Deep knowledge of how the above are accomplished in an ERP system.
- Working knowledge of Sales and Operations Planning preferred.
- Competent in MS Office including Word, Outlook, Excel (at least intermediate), and PowerPoint.
- APICS certification (CPIM or CSCP) and/or ISM certification (CPSM) preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing practices preferred.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.