|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Perform painting and coating requirements on items as indicated on blueprints, setting up and operating manual paint guns. Perform color change overs and Paint Booth cleaning operations. Maintains daily maintenance on the paint booth, paint guns, and coating equipment. Communicates mechanical issues when appropriate. Visually inspects coated parts to ensure coverage is within customer specifications.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Mix Paint, Primer and Catalyst per instructions found on the manufactures technical data. sheets or on the public drive / Coating log.
- Load paint into paint guns for wet painting as required.
- Load Powder into manual paint unit for Powder Coating.
- Clean, maintain, install all injector nozzles, hoses, and manual paint guns.
- Start, test and observe manual paint guns to make sure they are working properly.
- Adjusts painting controls and powder flow as required.
- Ability to paint parts to the print and correct paint thickness.
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications the dimensions have on part quality and function as required.
- Installs replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Teamwork with mentors to resolve problems.
- Plan, layout, and perform safely and efficiently, painting and bench operations required to build, fit, or repair parts for powder line equipment.
- Accurately document all work and records.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the Supervisor Complete traceability requirements.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.