|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable – Respectable – Coachable – Honest
Painter - Starting rate $17.51 per hour
Are you dependable?
Are you willing to learn?
Are you looking to grow your career?
If you answered “YES” to these questions, see what Miller Fabrication Solutions opportunities are available for you.
At Miller we offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive insurance plan, with a company sponsored HRA,
- 401(k) with a 4.5% employer match on 6% employee contribution
- Night shift differential of 10% added to base hourly rate
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Paid holidays
- Plus much more…
Perform painting and coating requirements on items as indicated on blueprints, setting up and operating manual paint guns. Perform color change overs and Paint Booth cleaning operations. Maintains daily maintenance on the paint booth, paint guns, and coating equipment. Communicates mechanical issues when appropriate. Visually inspects coated parts to ensure coverage is within customer specifications.
- Mix Paint, Primer and Catalyst per instructions found on the manufactures technical data sheets or on the public drive/coating log.
- Load paint into paint guns for wet painting as required.
- Load Powder into manual paint unit for Powder Coating.
- Clean, maintain, install all injector nozzles, hoses, and manual paint guns.
- Start, test and observe manual paint guns to make sure they are working properly.
- Adjusts painting controls and powder flow as required.
- Ability to paint parts to the print and correct paint thickness.
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs.
- Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications the dimensions have on part quality and function as required.
- Installs replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Teamwork with mentors to resolve problems.
- Plan, layout, and perform safely and efficiently, painting and bench operations required to build, fit, or repair parts for powder line equipment.
- Accurately document all work and records.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the supervisor complete traceability requirements.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires limited exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, electrostatic paint gun, powder gun.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.