In this role, Miller Fabrication Solutions is looking for a Lean Manager to serve as the internal point of contact for implementing Lean goals and improving operations and processes within the organization. This position requires the handling of formal and informal Lean Manufacturing training and coaching on a day-to-day basis. The person in this position is responsible for driving sustainable improvements in quality, delivery/lead time, and operational efficiencies that are tied to leadership goals. This role also includes presenting a professional appearance in line with the following job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude.
- Education: B.S. in Business, Engineering, or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: 5 years minimum experience in manufacturing. Prior Experience implementing and/or being part of developing and maintaining a Lean Manufacturing production environment, implementing and/or part of developing and maintaining an ISO certified manufacturing facility strongly preferred.
- Blueprints: Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings; Must also gain understanding of material/metal used by Miller Fabrication Solutions.
- Reporting: Comfortable with data and analytics. Concise report writing is required to assist in communicating complex issues aided by good analytical & problem solving skills.
- Highly organized: Hands-on and detail oriented with the ability to step back and see the “big picture”
- Work Ethic: Results oriented. Reliable and dependable work ethic, including following written or verbal instructions. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent PC skills: and software application (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, ERP, CRM).
- Hours & Travel: Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and business need. Willingness to travel domestically.
- Values: Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
- Communication: Strong, pro-active written and verbal communicator to customers, clients and coworkers, using Miller Fabrication Solutions values of Accountability, Respectfulness, Coachability and Honesty.
- Teamwork: Team player with strong interpersonal skills; can work effectively and build relationships with co-workers and customers. Strong group facilitation and leadership skills. Superior training and influencing skills.
- Guides all lean system initiatives at the Miller facilities. Works with Site leadership on Lean implementation using Lean Systems as the principal tool.
- Ensures the development of a robust Lean Future State Strategy to be implemented at the site(s).
- Ensures adherence to the company's lean standards for the Site, Value Stream and Team Improvement Boards, enabling a PDCA culture and progression of the Lean Journey. Where appropriate, supports Plant Lean team members through required and special team meetings.
- Provides high level of technical and operational recommendations in meeting productivity, material control, product quality, and customer service goals.
- Ensures that the site organizational structure has been reviewed and that resources are aligned for the Lean Transformation.
- Ensures on-going education of all employees at the site in the lean system. Promotes a Continuous Learning environment.
- Communicates the status of Lean efforts to senior management team
- Shares “best practice” methods and ideas with management and different plant locations.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of the company may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.