|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable · Respectful · Coachable · Honest
The Laser Utility position will be asked to assist with team operations within the automation department. This position will require our crew member to perform burning operations on items as indicated on blueprints. This person will also assist with setting up and operating the laser table in accordance with established procedures.
- Enters accurate data in job tracking and quality software programs.
- Accurately documents all work and records.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Complete traceability requirements
- Remove laser cut components from skeletons.
- Perform general maintenance in and around the laser table.
- Sort, separate, and compile like parts for delivery to component warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned.
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires limited exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool, laser systems.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One to Three months’ related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: