|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
The Laser Utility position will be asked to assist with team operations within the automation department. This position will require our crew member to perform burning operations on items as indicated on blueprints. This person will also assist with setting up and operating the laser table in accordance with established procedures.
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: No experience needed. We will train the right candidate.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Enters accurate data in job tracking and quality software programs.
- Accurately documents all work and records.
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Complete traceability requirements
- Remove laser cut components from skeletons.
- Perform general maintenance in and around the laser table.
- Sort, separate, and compile like parts for delivery to component warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.