The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is looking for candidates to fill a Laser Offload position. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to assist with team operations and perform Burning operations on items as indicated on blueprints, setting up and operating Lasers in accordance with established procedures. This role also includes presenting a professional appearance appropriate with your job responsibilities, as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: One (1) to Three (3) months’ related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effective communicate/present information in a one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
Key Job Elements Weight Goals and Objectives
- Accurate Record Keeping 55% a)Complete traceability requirements
b)Enters accurate data in job tracking and quality software programs
c)Accurately documents all work and records
d)Perform inventory tasks as assigned by the Supervisor
e)Complete traceability requirements
- Desired Workplace Behavior(s) a)Team work with mentors to resolve problems
- Laser Responsibilities a)Perform material cutting operations in
accordance with drawing specifications or established practices
b)Turn on machine air, chiller, dust collector and laser gas valves
c)Set up Laser Table using nesting sheets, drawings and programs
d)Inspect electrodes used in the cutting operation and replace as required
e)Monitor the cutting process and adjut the cutting nozzles as needed for unacceptable, incomplete or incorrect cut patterns. Adjust for proper depth or width of cut
f)Cut out a test coupon and refer to WI-488 Laser Coupon Test Procedure for instructions as to how and when to perform the coupon test. Record test results on form F-511, Laser Cutting in Process Check Sheet
g)Use Hardness tester to obtain and then record Material Hardness on form F-387 Hardness Test Record sheets as required. Verify that tests are in the acceptable range. Notify the supervisor if hardness readings are outside the specified range
h)Review OPL-67 Laser Removal Guide Lines
i)Verify cut characteristics on parts in accordance with drawing specifications or established practices before removing parts
j)Clean, maintain, install all nozzles and make all table adjustments used in the cutting operations
k)Start, test and observe cutting operation to make sure all table operations are working properly, adjust process as necessary
l)Ability to cut material to the print and/or other specifications
m)Proficiently uses inspection tools, records the measurements on inspection sheets and understands the implications surface conditions have on part quality and function as required
n)Installs replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance
o)Plan, layout and perform safely and efficiently, laser table bench operations required to build, fit, or repair parts for cutting equipment
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.