|Job Location:||Homer City, PA|
Perform daily janitorial tasks to support production. The appropriate candidate for this position will have the ability to learn how to confidently and efficiently troubleshoot and repair equipment to support the production needs of the company. In this role, the industrial janitor will support daily production operations.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Experience: No experience required. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to communicate with supervision and other employees of the organization.
- Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to adequately read a tape measure with basic understanding of fractions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Able to recognize potential safety hazards and find ways to control or eliminate them in the work environment.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Support daily production activities
- Empty chip bins from Machining Centers
- Dispose of garbage from all areas of the facility
- Recycle paper and cardboard
- Sweep, clean and polish shop floor areas
- Clean bathrooms
- Perform general maintenance tasks on production floor and facility exterior when needed. Examples: snow removal, weed elimination, painting, etc.
- Keep inventory and stock janitorial supplies
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.