|Job Location:||Homer City, PA|
Human Resources Assistant will assist with benefits administration, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) coordination, and some recruiting coordination. In addition, this role will be responsible for receptionist duties, as well as some office administration. The ideal candidate for this position will have great customer service skills, willingness to learn and grow.
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED). Ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree in related field.
Experience: We will train the proper candidate.
- Reliable, proactive and dependable work ethic, including following written or verbal instructions.
- Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
- Strong, pro-active written and verbal communicator to customers, clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrate the Core Values of Miller Fabrication Solutions:
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate employee. Will transfer a caller to an associate’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
- Greets and directs visitors to the company.
- Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel as needed.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Assists with recruiting and onboarding processes.
- Assists with benefits administration, open enrollment, and event planning.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Personal Protection Equipment (As required in production area). All personal protection equipment will be provided with the exception of steel-toed footwear.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.