|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
Accountable – Respectable – Coachable – Honest
Grinder - Starting rate $15.50 per hour
Are you dependable?
Are you willing to learn?
Are you looking to grow your career?
If you answered “YES” to these questions, see what Miller Fabrication Solutions opportunities are available for you.
At Miller we offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive insurance plan, with a company sponsored HRA,
- 401(k) with a 4.5% employer match on 6% employee contribution
- Night shift differential of 10% added to base hourly rate
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Paid holidays
- Plus much more…
The Grinder’s essential duties and responsibilities include performing grinding operations on items as indicated on blueprints and setting up and operating grinders in accordance with established procedures. This position is also responsible for performing material removal from previous cutting operations.
- Enters accurate data into job tracking and quality software programs
- Complete traceability requirements
- Perform inventory tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Accurately document all work and records
- Perform material removal operations in accordance with drawing specifications
- Grind lead-in and lead-out area to smooth condition
- Smooth or repair all visible blemishes
- Clip and grind all edges per specifications
- Clean, maintain and install all wheels and discs in the grinding process operations
- Start, test and observe grinding operations to ensure they are working properly; adjust process as necessary
- Proficiently use inspection tools, record the measurements on inspection sheets, and understand the implications surface conditions have on part quality
- Plan, layout, and perform safely and efficiently grinding bench operations required to build, fit, or repair parts for grinding equipment
- Ability to grind material to the print and/or other specifications
- Verify cut lengths on parts in accordance with drawing specifications before the grinding process
Safety Requirements & Physical Demands
The safety requirements and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Employee must be able to read, see, hear, and speak English.
- Position requires frequent physical exertion. Incumbent will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, and larger amounts with assistance. Incumbent may need to operate crane and forklift.
- The work location includes a warehouse and fabrication shop setting, which will expose the employee to dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises.
- Position requires limited exposure to outdoor elements (extreme heat, cold temperatures, snow, ice, etc.).
- Employee may be required to use tools, including but not limited to: basic hand tools, saws, grinders, mills, lathes, bending tools, drill press, band saw, scale, stamping tool.
- Employee must wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) including gloves, safety glasses, ear protection and steel-toed boots, and any other PPE as required in the production area. PPE will be provided by the company with the exception of steel-toed boots.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
- Employee will follow all safety policies/practices/guidelines and will ensure all safety requirements are met or exceeded when performing all tasks.
- Employee will work to identify hazards and unusual circumstances and will assist in the continual improvement of safety practices and procedures.
- Employee will participate in safety training programs.
- Employee will ask questions, share and apply learning.
- Employee will request help (if needed) to do all work safely.
Education: High School Diploma OR General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: Related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to foster a positive team environment.
- Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and communication demands.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all unites of measure.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.