In this role, Miller Fabrication Solutions is looking for an Account Representative to serve as the main liaison between the Miller Fabrication Solutions and its customers. This position requires the complete handling of all communications for assigned customers. The person in this position is responsible for growing and maintaining a profitable gross margin for assigned accounts. This role also includes presenting a professional appearance in line with the following job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude.
- Education: B.S. in Business/Marketing or equivalent
- Experience: 3-5 years minimum experience in manufacturing or technical sales
- Blueprints: Ability to read and understand blueprints/technical drawings; Must also gain understanding of material/metal used by Miller Fabrication Solutions.
- Reporting: Concise report writing is required to assist in communicating complex issues aided by good analytical & problem solving skills.
- Work Ethic: Reliable and dependable work ethic, including following written or verbal instructions. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent PC skills: and software application (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP, CRM).
- Hours & Travel: Flexibility in working hours as required by workload and business need. Willingness to travel domestically.
- Values: Generate a culture that fosters continual improvement throughout the assigned site(s).
- Communication: Strong, pro-active written and verbal communicator to customers, clients and coworkers, using Miller Fabrication Solutions values of Accountability, Respectfulness, Coachability and Honesty
- Provide sales support: for Customer, agent, subsidiaries, and subsidiary designated customers. Ensure inquiries are responded to promptly and concisely.
- Provide technical sales support to customer, agents and subsidiaries and demonstrate continued growth in technical knowledge.
- Generate quotations for assigned accounts by managing information flow
throughout Miller Fabrication Solutions (Engineering, Production, Quality, Shipping, Purchasing).
- Visit key accounts quarterly
- Communicate daily issues to relevant sales personnel & top management.
- Maintain accurate monthly sales order, forecasting and S&OP data.
- Strategic Account Management: Develop short and long-term strategies for optimizing profitability and maximizing market share. Develop and maintain estimates of Miller Fabrication Solutions market share, market size, growth potential and emerging applications.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of competitors and their respective market share.
- Develop a Miller Fabrication Solutions strategy for each market based on customer interaction and experience in the market.
- Maintaining Technical Knowledge of Miller Fabrication Solutions products: including technology products and applications, at a level such that technical discussions can be successfully conducted with internal & external customers.
- Understand and adhere to ISO regulations: for all quotes, orders, revisions and any other related correspondence.
- Market and customer data is maintained for easy access & understanding.
- Interaction with Sales, Engineering and Production staffs is conducted professionally & effectively.
- Project Management: Manage new product and critical orders from start to finish ensuring an
error-free and timely completion. This requires successful interaction with all Miller Fabrication Solutions departments.
- Organize kick-off meetings once an order is received to ensure all departments have the current drawings/specifications and to ensure the order is processed in a timely manner.
The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions.
A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.