|Job Location:||Brookville, PA|
The maintenance tech will confidently and efficiently troubleshoot and repair equipment to support the production needs of the company. This primary function for this position will the maintenance of forklifts and company trucks.
- Education: High School degree or equivalent.
- Can successfully meet daily physical demands and required work hours, including overtime
- Performs well in a production and job shop environment, follows safe work practices.
- Confirm correct materials and appropriate quantities are used, report any discrepancies
- Maintain records in a facility environment
- Perform equipment duties in production according to standard operating procedures
- Assist with daily manufacturing operations in manufacturing facility
- Assist in preventative maintenance and maintain records accordingly
- Repair equipment and work with operators and other support entities
- Plan and help coordinate PMs and general repairs
- Troubleshoot minor electrical issues
- Troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns and repair as necessary
- Responsible for parts ordering
- Be able to use a computer and CMMS systems
General Safety Responsibilities (as relevant per position):
- Must assure that proper guards are on machines.
- Must assure no body parts or articles of clothing are near anything that has potential to cause harm.
- All safety rules, both written and verbal, must be followed.
- Accidents involving injuries, property damage, and spills must be reported to supervisor immediately. Near misses (close calls) must be reported as well.
- Workplace Organization standards must be maintained in all assigned areas.
- Clean work area daily.
- Employee will give full attention to all tasks.
Personal Protection Equipment Responsibilities (As required in production area)
- Must wear safety glasses with side shields (ANSI Z87.1-1989.)
- Must wear full face shield in addition to eye protection when using 4”or larger hand grinders
- Must wear steel-toed safety shoes (ANSI Z41-1991.)
- Must wear hearing protection
- Must wear required welding protective clothing and helmet.
The fine print: The on-going growth and dynamic nature of Miller Fabrication Solutions may require this job description to change. Changes in the job description will be at the sole discretion of management. This description is intended as an outline of the principal duties of the position; other duties may be assigned to further the interest of Miller Fabrication Solutions. A major portion of this position (at least 50% of the job) requires the individual to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that the individual gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and management. This also includes presenting a professional appearance appropriate with your job responsibilities as well as presenting a professional attitude representing Miller Fabrication Solutions.
Miller Fabrication Solutions is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.